Search Unity

Animation event not saving

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Lelon, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Lelon

Lelon

2. Lelon

Lelon

Update, it seems that the animation events are randomly lost. I have several prefabs, each prefab have a character model and it has its own animation, I add the animation events using the link in the original post, but after a while, they are all lost. It is really frustrating. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

3. Meagatron

Meagatron

I am also having the same issue. I have tested it in 5.1.0f3 and 5.1.1f1. The animation events all work fine until I close Unity and open it again, then all of the animation events are gone. I have tested this a few times, being very careful to save each time.

I've discovered that this only happens on read only animation clips. If you duplicate the animation clip you want to put events on (ctrl+d) in the project pane it should become editable, and then you will be able to add animation events that are saved.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  4. DizzyWascal

DizzyWascal

Meagatron is right. To stop this from happening you'll have to go into the Model Asset where the Animation comes from and in the Animation Setup you'll have to add the animation events in here:

I guess it makes sense..... Read Only means you can't edit it. But you can add animation events to them and they work, but they just reset.
    This reset doesn't happen to non read only files which you can create by pressing ctrl + D on read only animation clips. But the disadvantage to just duplicating animation clips to non read only files is that when you have to update and change the animation you lose all your animation events when you duplicate the animation clip to get the updated animation.

Nathan3215794 and Toadwolf like this.
  5. DaveLHOz

DaveLHOz

I've been having this problem as well, but the additional complication I'm encountering is that I am using read-only animations that were imported with a figure from Blender. And when a Blender anim on a rigged figure are exported as an .FBX, the name is in the form, "<Armature Name>|<Anim name>", and so when you attempt to duplicate it, Unity complains that the name contains invalid chars (the "|"), and it won't let you rename the anims. So I'd be interested to know if there's a workaround, like maybe a setting to make in Blender's .FBX export... (I've had problems with using a Blender file directly as a Unity asset.)

6. Toadwolf

Toadwolf

voiddev likes this.
  7. SkyArchitect

SkyArchitect

Hi anyone know the issue with Unity 2019.3 when the fbx contains a lot of animation events? My unity freezes everytime I simply click that fbx file.... Please help! Thank you!