New Game: Heart Stealer 2

edited October 2013 in Brand new software
Heart Stealer 2 is finally here! Took me a while to make but that's mainly because of real life problems. Even my normal computer broke down and I'm finishing the game on a very old computer. But anyway:

Our hero is back again to collect hearts.

This time, our hero only needs 6 hearts to finish the game, but this time they are located all over.

Beware of the spikes! These pointy things are the only dangerous things in the game.

To make it easier, you also have infinite lives, with checkpoints all over.

The challenge is not only to complete the game, but also try to finish the game quickly.

14d1t93.jpg

This game is a remake (or demake, depends on how you look at it) of a game called VVVV, which was written for the Java4k 2010 compo (www.java4k.com). By a guy called Markus 'Notch' Persson (you might have heard of him). Of course, VVVV is based on VVVVVV.

This version is a bit larger than the original 4K version. The screens in this version are larger than the original 19x11, also I still need to look up on compression techniques on the Spectrum, so no real compression is used in this version.

Also, including 2 songs from our 1-bit music maestro Mister Beep. How he does it, I don't know, but they are brilliant, as usual.

Download here: http://mister_beep.republika.pl/HS2.zip

Have fun!
Post edited by Timmy on

Comments